Sunday, July 13, 2008

Palmyra Trip

This weekend our family drove to Palmyra, NY to see the Hill Cumorah Pageant. The last time I saw it, I was probably 13 or 14 yrs old. So it's been a long time. Ronnie has never been and obviously, it was the girl's first time. Since it starts at dusk, Brandi and Brooke were exhausted and slept through most of it. They were troopers though because they woke up at 5am in the morning to start our trip, and here it is at 9:00 pm hoping they would still be awake to watch an hour and a half play. Nah, didn't happen. But it was a great to be there. We had so much fun.

This is the Palmyra temple. The grounds are beautiful, there were flowers everywhere!! My picture doesn't show how beautiful it really was.
In the Sacred Grove...
Taking a quick break from walking...doesn't she takes the cutest pictures. :)
Lunchtime...
I love this statue of Christ. When you see it in person up close, it is so powerful. Anyway, this was at the visitor's center in Palmyra.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so glad you guys had a fun vacation. Isaac and Caite still remember our trip 2 years ago. They loved Niagra falls. It's definitly a place I want to visit again. I loved the Sacred Grove! The pagent looked great.

J'Amy Day said...

I love all of your vacation pictures! Especially the sunglasses ones at the end and everyone listening to their ipods. Too funny!

Rob and Heather said...

Oh how I loved Palmyra. What a special place. Your family is so wonderful..

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! We went before Kenny left on his mission, 13 years ago, I think, and I'd love to go again.