Saturday, July 26, 2008

Want some?

Everytime I make these cookies, somebody always- never fails- asks for the recipe. My mom would make us these cookies as little kids. Then when we got old enough to bake, we made them. And we're still making 'em. :) So here's the recipe for anyone who is dying for a
great cookie recipe... (or as my kids and Ronnie would say, THE BEST cookie recipe EVER) But you can be the judge.

In a mixer, blend 1 cup shortening (yes, Crisco), 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup sugar. Beat in 1 tsp vanilla and 2 eggs. Sift (or whisk together) in a seperate bowl, 2 1/4 cups plain flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda. Add that to the mixer. Mix well. Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls to cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 min. It's just that easy!
The secret is to let them get slightly brown on top, then take them out of the oven while they're still a little melty and gooey. Let sit for a few minutes before transfering them to a cooling rack.
YUM!! Go ahead... try it! Let me know how they turn out!! :)

4 comments:

J'Amy Day said...

WE LOVE THESE COOKIES!! They are definitely the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever had...now I have the recipe. Yeah!

THE GANTT LIFE said...

Glad I could help! :)

Rob and Heather said...

Rob will be so excited to have me try these cookies out. I haven't been able to eat chocolate for almost 1 year now, the smell/taste of chocolate gives me Migraines! I know...I'm not really happy about it.

melanie said...

I just made these last week, and have been meaning to tell you how AWESOME they turned out!! Thanks!!