Sunday, December 7, 2008

Brandi's First Gymnastics Meet

What a fantastic day we had on Saturday! It was Brandi's first gymnastics meet. She could hardly eat breakfast in the morning because she was so nervous. But it all turned out well. Brandi was great!! She had a routine on the beam, bars and had to squat on the vault. Many of my pictures turned out so blury because I was too far away and it's hard when they're swinging around bars, leaping on the beam and running to the vault- it's all in motion and I couldn't focus. So you aren't going to see alot of action pictures, here. I'll try to take better pictures at her next competition.

Anyway, here are the results from the awards ceremony... Brandi got 5th place on the bars, 6th place on the vault and 7th place on the beam in her age group. Once she can do a round-off with two back hand springs, she can have a floor routine. But for now, she can only do a round off with one back handspring. (still...not too shabby, right?! :) We are so proud of her for placing on each of her events! She has three ribbons that we're going to start our collection with!

She'll have one more meet in January and Feb, then 2 in March and one more in April. So it'll be interesting to see how well she'll improve over the next few months. She's only been in gymnastics since last January. She's accomplished alot this last year. I was watching the older girls (12 & 13 yr. olds) compete and I couldn't help but get excited to think that in the next 4 or 5 years she'll be doing these amazing things that the big girls were doing. She definitely has natural talent for this.




this is a blury picture of her doing a split on the beam.


Whew! What a long day! But it was all worth it!

8 comments:

Sprgtime said...

That's so cool! Go Brandi!!! :)

Pamelia said...

Good job Brandi!!! I would love to see you compete!!! Keep up the hard work!

Leigh This Way said...

That's really great especially since she's only been doing this for less than a year. Way to go Brandi!

Amy said...

Awesome Girl!! I used to o all that fun stuff. I would end up in the ER if I tried it now.

J'Amy Day said...

Yeah for Brandi! I love their uniforms - she looks so cute!

Tiffany said...

Brandi is so talented!! It's crazy how much she looks like you, but then I swear I can see Gantt (Pamelia!)in her too!!!

Anonymous said...

that is SO awesome!
I love her warmup suit.

Mary said...

Wow! Go Brandi! I loved gymnastics when I was little and Eva is interested but I think I would be a nervous wreck having to watch them on bars, beam and vault. How did you survive?