Sunday, December 21, 2008

Wicked Weather

This past Friday was a SNOW DAY around here!! All of the schools were cancelled because we had up to a foot of snow!! I don't know what the actually amount was... who cares at this point, right? I'm not so sure I've seen this much snow fall at once the whole 5 1/2 years we've been up here! It's been close...very very close.
I kept wondering how in the world we were going to shovel our way out of our driveway because we haven't broken down to buy a snow plow yet- we only have 2 snow shovels. And I'm sorry, with this weather that just won't do! Ronnie was out and about at work and with his back that recently went out, there was no way he would be shoveling. So I'm watching the truck that plows our neighborhood come through and plow the roads. While I'm standing in my garage watching the girls play, the truck goes into one of our neighbors driveways and starts plowing their driveway. LIGHTBULB MOMENT-- I remembered in our Association newsletter last month they posted a phone number to the company and had a quote for plowing driveways. So I quickly get on the phone and asked if they would radio their guy to come to our house and plow us out! I told Ronnie that was the best $35.00 I've spent all year! Ten minutes later they were gone and my driveway and my sidewalks were clear !
Anyway, I took a picture of the girls playing in the front yard. Remember that picture a few posts ago of our house with some snow in the yard? Well, I took another one to compare it to. WOW! Look at the difference! To top it off, we got another inch or so last night and we're getting another round tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday. All of you with your 70 degree weather, count your blessings. We have a week left of weather in the 20's. Today is all of 10 degrees. :)
Even though we had WICKED weather on Friday... that didn't stop us from going to the Detroit Opera House to see WICKED that night! It was FABULOUS!!! It was a little hike getting there because of the storm that came through, but thanks to Ronnie's 'expert' driving skills we made it there safe and sound.
Briana, Brandi and Brooke loved it! We especially loved Galinda- with a 'Ga'. Brooke laughed at her so many times - she was really entertaining.
Anyway- we're happy, safe and warm and we love ya'll!

6 comments:

Pamelia said...

Stay warm and safe!!! I wouldn't know what to do with all of that snow! I don't think that I've ever seen that much snow!

Mary said...

That's alot of Snow!! The weather must be bad all around. We had a terrible ice storm and for the last 4 days the temperture as been below 7 degrees. You know its bad when the high for the day is 7!! But is sure looks like your ready for Christmas. Nothing like a white christmas!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is sure alot of snow!!! But it does look like a picture perfect white christmas!! Just once would I like to have a white christmas but I think that might be too much snow for me. Stay safe and warm. Love ya'll! Merry Christmas!!

Tiffany said...

Ok--we are still wearing shorts here!! We're going up North after Christmas for a few days to find some snow to play in!! I think it's awesome how you worked that one out to get your drive way clean!! Have a very Merry Christmas!!!

J'Amy Day said...

After today's snowstorm...I may have to SHOVEL my way over to your house! Stay cozy!

Tiffany said...

Hey Tammy, I know you left your email somewhere on one of my blogs, but I can't seem to locate it! I haven't been ignoring you, I have just been super busy and haven't gotten on the computer much. Leave your email on my current post so I write you, I do have a few helpful tips I can give ya!