Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to the Old Grind...

Today was our first day back at school. YAY!! Briana was off to 7th grade, Brandi off to 3rd grade and Brooke to the big 1st grade. (thus, the #1 sign she's making in the last picture)
I had a very busy day once they left- so it hardly felt like my first day home alone with no kids. Before I knew it, Briana was walking through the door. What? You're home already?
Anyway, they all had a wonderful day at school, which I am very grateful for. Brooke's first grade teacher is her best friend's mom, which is our next door neighbor. So I can always get the inside scoop if I need it. :)
So when Brooke gets home today she asked me if I was sad all day because they were all gone. I told her I was very sad. So I asked her, "What am I going to do? You're going to be gone every day now? Should I be sad every day?" To that she replied, "Mom, you'll have to get used to it, because I am going to get married one day." (What the heck? Where did that come from? ) So I told her that would be a very long ways away and I don't know if I can EVER get used to her being gone. Anyway, glad my children are happy with their first day!!






8 comments:

J'Amy Day said...

I love your pics! And you made it down to the middle school bus stop too! You are a better woman than I!

And for all your readers...Tammy is a super camper and she even went a day without showering :)! That is the ultimate sacrifice in her book. What a trooper!

Anonymous said...

how cute. I'm glad they had a good first day. Don't worry, I was planning out getting married when I was in the 1st grade too. It just means that Brooke will be the easiest wedding to plan because she'll already have it planned out (although it might be the most expensive one though!)

Pamelia said...

Girl's have a good year and study hard!!! I love you all!!!!!

THE GANTT LIFE said...

mary beth, don't remind me! she's definitely high maintenance already!! :)

and oh, amy amy amy... :) i did shower every morning. there was one night i was debating on taking another shower that night and decided not to! :) that would've been two showers in a day!! i figured that would've been excessive while i was camping. ha ha i guess i left that part out when i was talking to you that night. ;0

Libbi said...

They are all so cute!!!! I cannot believe how fast the time flies by. Thanks for your comments on my blog...I love looking at yours, I'm usually just flying in and out!!!! I'd love to see you!

Amy said...

So cute! The girls are looking so old. I can't believe Brooke is in first grade...she's so tiny. What are you doing with all your time?

Mary said...

Brianna, looking so much like a teenager! They all look so cute. I have gotten over Eva being gone all day and am feeling the same way .....what? You are already home?

Rob and Heather said...

Looks like school is definately on a roll. Love the updated pictures.