Friday, September 26, 2008

Where Have I Been, You Ask?

I know, you've missed me. lol
I haven't blogged in weeks because I've been so busy around here. Here's what I've been up to--
1. I've been organizing. If you came over to my house and looked around, you wouldn't notice anything obvious. But trust me, I've been busy! I finally went into the basement grabbed boxes and boxes of clothes and went through them- made a Salvation Army pile and a pile that I could give away to friends. I forgot how many cute clothes the girls had! It's almost so sad to give them away, knowing I'll never need them again. But in the same breath, it's a sigh of relief knowing I'll never need them again. :) But I sent out an email to friends in the ward who could use them and I think I've got a home for all the clothes. So I'm glad they're going to people I know who can use them.
2. I also organized our outside freezer. That wasn't too difficult, though.
3. I've been going to the gym to work out. So far, nothing... I still weigh the same. Ughh!!
4. I've gone in to read to Brandi's 3rd grade class. I'm one of the Reading Moms.
5. Driving my kids back and forth from church, gymnastics and dance.
6. Fill in the blank- You know you're getting old when...
Here's how I fill in the blank... You know you're getting old when you have to go to the doctor to see if you have arthritis in your knee!! Thank goodness I don't! But the past week has been miserable. I spent 4 days barely being able to walk around. I've been limping around and whining alot about my knee hurting. My next step is an MRI to see if there's a cyst or torn ligaments. I told the Dr I wasn't ready for an MRI yet and I'll come back when it gets worse. (why do we do that to ourselves?) But now it only hurts a little bit- not alot. That's my reasoning. I want it to hurt really bad before I have an MRI... It just doesn't seem like they'll find anything if it's not really really bad. I know, bad reasoning.
Anyway- so yes, I've been busy. Mainly trying to maintain and keep my house up. I've got many projects written down that I still haven't gotten to. But I've got until June to finish.

3 comments:

Leigh This Way said...

I know how you feel about the knee thing. Mine has been bugging me for the past 3-4 months and I kept meaning to go to the doctor and never did. About 2 weeks ago I finally really messed it up and I couldn't put any pressure on my knee what so ever. I went to the orthopedist and he things that I've totally destroyed my meniscus and maybe injured some ligaments, so now I've got to go get an MRI to see what kind of damage I've done to my knee and hope that it can be fixed without major surgery. Don't wait until it gets to this point. There are lots of things that they can do with physical therapy to help your knee get better. I'd recommend getting the MRI so that they at least know what is wrong with the knee and can do some proactive treatment (hopefully) before you totally destroy your knee, like I did! Hope everything else is going well!

Anonymous said...

I hope your knee gets better or they at least, find someway to make you feel better.
I want you to come organize my house. I keep trying but I feel like I'm getting no where to two little ones needing my attention 24/7.

Rob and Heather said...

I have missed your posts. So I am glad that you found your way out of the basement. I love the Organize, Organize, and Organize again.