Friday, November 21, 2008

I Did It!

Last night, I did it! I went to the 12:01 am showing of Twilight. It was so fun. Dinner at Olive Garden with about 20 of us insane women from church first- and then- what we've all been waiting for... what we've all been counting down the days for...THE movie. So here's my synopsis. If you've read the book, you know how completely in love, infactuated, obsessed Bella is with Edward. That's the only part I really didn't get in this movie... I didn't feel her passion for him! So I was a little disappointed. I know there's so much to crunch into a two hour movie, but some things were just missing for me. Some scenes should have built up the intensity a little more... their talks, Edward's family, the tracking scene. It was all way too quick and choppy for me. And I wanted Bella to have more personality... can anyone say 'bor-ing'. I'm sorry, but Bella was bland and boring. I just wanted her to smile!!! Just once, smile. I know that was her character, but come on!! Give me something to work with here!!!
But, having said that I really enjoyed myself. It's never going to be a bad evening when you're out with a ton of friends giggling and laughing like teenagers. hee hee
Now I'm going to have to find a way to stay awake tonight for the play "A Christmas Carol". So far, I'm not tired today even though I got home around 2:30'ish this morning. I'm sure it will hit me late this afternoon and I'll have to pick myself up off the floor!! Wish me luck! I've got to stay awake until at least 9:30 tonight.

7 comments:

maryp said...

hey tammy! cute blog! i totally agree with you about bella! i thought she was horrible. she was so blank. i don't get how she could be so emotionless and passionless when she has the most amazing vampire in love with her! i love edward and thought he was good, in the looks dept anyway. his hair was my favorite part of the movie! wowza! i liked how true to the book it was, the acting was a little questionable though. it was fun going with all you guys!

Anonymous said...

Sounds so fun going out with your friends at midnight. Whhen was last time that I stay awake past midngiht? Oh, it was New Year count down. ^_*

I read all of the books and don't think that I'll go watch the movie after your review. Both Sean and I thought the characters from the preview just don't fit the books.

Good luck staying awak tonight.

Pei-I

Leigh This Way said...

We're going to see it tonight and I can't wait. I do have one thing to say about your review. You've got to remember that at in the 1st book, Bella isn't all happy go lucky like she is in the latter books or even happy at all for that matter. She's got issues with her mom, she hardly knows her dad, and she's just moved to a totally different place. She not a very happy person in the first book so I kind of see why she's such a "dark" character in the film. She changes dramatically, in an emotional way, throught out the series so it makes sense for her not to smile in this film but I can't wait to see the progression through the others, even though I haven't even seen the first one yet. (Just 2 more hours!! YEAH!)

Mike and Ashley said...

I have been using the same words to describe the movie to my other friends - choppy and they just didn't portray their undying love for each other...I can't remember even once when they said "I love you" and in the book they did all the time! I was not disappointed because I didn't expect much (like you said, making a 500 page book into a two hour movie is tough), but I do think they should have focused on the more main story of their love. But, I had a BLAST too!!!

Sean and Jeannette said...

I agree! I wanted MORE from these two amazingly good looking actors! The movie was super choppy, and did anyone find the no-music effect a little weird. Music is such a huge part of a movie, and this one could have used a lot more of it. Good thing I read the books first, because I'm still enthralled with it all even after a less-than ovewhelming movie:) It couldn't have beena better night to eat out with everyone and then to look around in a theatre of teenagers and say, "We seriously have some super fun people in our ward! Look at us! We are sitting here at 12:01!!"

Mary said...

Sounds fun! Wish I was there to go with the girls. I am planning on going this week. Not expecting much either. I took the which character are you most like too, I am Alice!

Amanda said...

I know how you feel about twilight!! I went to the midnight showing in idaho falls and didn't end up getting home until 3, so much for curfew that night... I loved it, but I agree that so much was missing! I did think that bella and edward had good chemistry :) I guess it is hard packing it all into one movie. I'd go see it again anytime though!